St. John's Office and Muskrat Falls Site
June 20, 2018
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
- The Commissioning Planner will provide a supporting role to assist in the fulfilment of Nalcor's overall cost and schedule delivery targets and objectives
- In fulfilling this mandate, the incumbent is expected to work closely with the Planning
- Lead and Project Controls Lead, and liaise closely with the execution teams and functional managers to implement schedule management processes and fulfilment of requirements
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
- Reporting directly to the Planning Lead, the incumbent is expected to interact extensively with the Project Controls Team (site and home office), Project and Area Managers, Completions Team, Construction Management Team, Site Manager, Completion Lead, Site Completion Lead, Contract Administrators and Contractors.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
- As a key member of the Project Delivery Team, the Commissioning Planner is a key support resource to the Planning Lead in providing support and providing project controls services to ensure Nalcor's schedule management targets and objectives are fulfilled, as well as the Completion Team in the Commissioning and Start-up of various systems and assets as part of the overall Muskrat Falls Generating Station.
- The incumbent will support the Planning Lead in execution of established processes and systems to ensure that accurate schedule information is provided on a timely basis.
- The Commissioning Planner will be responsible to integrate the commissioning and start-up schedules of various contract scopes into an overall commissioning and start-up schedule. This will involve understanding and scheduling detailed work procedures and interfacing with Contractors, members of the Project Delivery Team, and the Newfoundland and Labrador System Operator
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate coordination between Contractors and between Contractors and LCP Staff in regards to short, intermediate, and long term planning.
- Integration of commissioning and start-up schedules of various contarct scopes into an overall commissioning and start-up schedule
- Interfacing with Planning Lead, members of the Project Delivery Team, Completions Team, Contractors and the Newfoundland and Labrador System Operator for Commissioning and Start-up Planning
- Assist the Project Delivery Team in proactively identifying risks, and identifying mitigations and work-around plans
- Review of weekly and monthly contractor schedule deliverables, progress and performance, highlighting any trends, areas of concern and requirements for corrective action
- Maintain the process for proactively managing the critical path for asset Commissioning and Start-Up
- Provide timely variance analysis and an early warning to management on critical or near critical activities
- Participating in the development and implementation of "work-grounds" and mitigation plans
- Participate in various coordination meetings
- Progress monitoring and reporting including analysis of contract and project schedules to highlight risks and areas of concern
- Review of various Contractor deliverables including, work methods and procedures, Control Schedule Baseline Documents, Execution Plans, Schedule Development and Control Plans, monthly, weekly ,and daily reports.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject field.